Why You’ll Love It
- Perfect for pre-theater meals
- Family-owned and -operated
- Serving specialities from the South of France
When did French food get so ‘fancy’? Just because you can’t pronounce some of the menu items (ahem, grosses crevettes et St-Jaques rôties) doesn’t mean you won’t love the classic flavors of Southern France.
At Bistro D’oc, Chef Bernard Grenier and his family have created an enclave of French flavor and flair. From the chic cafe ambiance to the genuinely nice staff and—it practically goes without saying—stunningly good food, this DC treasure certainly has that je ne sais quoi.
– Hannah, Bloomspot Staff Writer
518 10th St NW
Washington, DC 20004
Between N E St & N F St
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
3.5 stars and 141 reviews on Yelp
“Went here on a date and absolutely loved it. The food was perfect from start to finish. The staff was really friendly, attentive, and helpful. Finally, the restaurant itself is cozy and cute. Can’t wait to go again!”
“Excellent mussels, salads, and desserts. If my boyfriend and I only went on one date for the rest of our lives, I would choose D’oc followed by a film at Landmark, conveniently right around the corner.”
“What a French bistro ought to be. Small, charming, and reasonably priced … Potage Cresson was excellent.”
“This place is the best kept secret in DC. It is the best French bistro around and has great prices. I have been going here for seemingly 10 years for lunch and have never had a bad meal.”
FEATURED MENU ITEMS
Cream of watercress soup with gruyere and croutons
Duck liver pepper pâté, fig compote, olives, and cornichons
Warm Bûcheron goat cheese, haricot verts, roasted beets, and olive oil on mesclun lettuce
ONGLET GRILLÉ POMMES FRITES
Angus hanging tenderloin, red wine sauce, house French fries
Crispy duck confit, mushroom fricassée, house french fries
Bean stew with duck confit, toulouse sausage, lamb, and pork
BOEUF BRAISE AU VIN DU LANGUEDOC
Boneless Angus short ribs slowly cooked in red wine with mushrooms and rutabaga, served with potato purée
See full menu
- Expires October 17, 2012.
- Valid for dine-in dinner only.
- Limit one per person. May purchase multiples as gifts.
- Limit one certificate per table; two person minimum.
- Must redeem in one visit; no cash or credit back.
- Taxes and gratuity not included; please tip on full value.
- Cannot be used with other offers; not valid for happy hour specials.
- Refunds allowed up to 24 hours after close of Bloomspot sale.