Rally your coworkers, friends and family, and join us for Richmond’s newest spectacle on water – dragon boating! Led by the rhythmic beat of a drum, teams of 20 synchronized paddlers, one drummer and one steersperson race 500 meters up the river in 40-foot canoes rigged with decorative Chinese dragon heads and tails. The sport brings social groups and businesses alike down to the water to bond and compete, building a stronger sense of “team” with every stroke. From vets to newbies, anyone can have a good time – we’ve made sure there’s plenty of time to kick back (or thrown down!) between races.
- GoPro: 2011 DC Dragons – “The way of a paddler” (filipinofestival.wordpress.com)
- Philippine Dragon Boat (filipinofestival.wordpress.com)
- The 11th Annual Washington DC Dragon Boat Festival is TENTATIVELY scheduled for May 19-20th, 2012 (filipinofestival.wordpress.com)
- Dragon Boat Race in Singapore (hasayang.wordpress.com)
- The Year of the Dragon – 2012 (polarprisca.com)
- Kate Middleton Rowed Here – Dragon Boat for Sale (celebs.gather.com)
- Prince William Gives Kate Middleton a Hug After Winning A Friendly Dragon Boat Race! (popsugar.com)