Eugenics is the “applied science or the bio-social movement which advocates the use of practices aimed at improving the genetic composition of a population“, usually referring to the manipulation of human populations. The origins of the concept of eugenics began with certain interpretations of Mendelian inheritance, and the theories of August Weismann. Historically, many of the practitioners of eugenics viewed eugenics as a science, not necessarily restricted to human populations; this embraced the views of Darwinismand Social Darwinism. Read More… Eugenics, the social movement claiming to improve the genetic features of human populations through selective breeding and sterilization, based on the idea that it is possible to distinguish between superior and inferior elements of society, played a significant role in the history and culture of the United Statesprior to its involvement in World War II. Eugenics was practiced in the United States many years before eugenics programs in Nazi Germanyand actually, U.S. programs provided much of the inspiration for the latter. Stefan Kühl has documented the consensus between Nazi race policies and those of eugenicists in other countries, including the United States, and points out that eugenecists understood Nazi policies and measures as the realization of their goals and demands. Most popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, and now generally associated with racist and nativistelements (as the movement was to some extent a reaction to a change in emigration from Europe) rather than scientific genetics, it was considered a method of preserving and improving the dominant groups in the population. Read More…
Published on Aug 14, 2011 by AssociatedPress
Elaine Riddick has been fighting for 40 years to get compensation from the state of North Carolina. Between 1929 and 1974, the state sterilized more than 7,600 individuals, including Riddick, in the name of “improving” the state’s human stock. (Aug. 15)
Standard YouTube License
History of Eugenics
Maafa 21 The History of Eugenics In America Part 1 of 13…
Uploaded by ThermoNuclearTv on Dec 21, 2009
A documentation of the modern eugenic movement in America.From the assertion of Darwin’s Theory of Evolution,coupled with his cousin Francis Galton’s correlation between genealogy,and the inheritance of intelligence.
Insisting that human beings are predisposed genetically to be unfit for society.
Nature versus Nurture.
This film follows the trail from its beginnings, in post slavery America,to its influence upon the Third Reich and its implementation of its Final Solution.
After the exposure this brought upon the movement,The eugenics movement morphed into what we know today as Planned Parenthood.
You will be astonished to learn that Planned Parenthood kills more African American people every year through abortions,than are killed from every other cause,Combined.
An eye opener
Standard YouTube License
- Economics, Immigration, and Eugenics (bigthink.com)
- Detroit Columnist Calls for Sterilants in Drinking Water to Reduce Number Of Poor Blacks (theindustrycosign.wordpress.com)
- Eugenics: The Evil of National Socialism (4limitedgov.com)
- Letters: The tainted history of eugenics (guardian.co.uk)
- The Social-Scientific Origins of Eugenics and its Application in Education (eyesonsuccess.com)
- U.S. Eugenics: When a Low I.Q. Meant Sterilization (bigthink.com)
- More eugenics in America (traditionalchristianity.wordpress.com)
- Experiencing disability: the right to be impaired versus the legacy of eugenics – A Public Debate, Bristol, Wednesday 14 December (medicalhumanities.wordpress.com)
- An American Scientific Nightmare: The Legacy of Eugenics (uculr.wordpress.com)